Tuesday, June 11, 2019

1994 in Film





In 1994 I was 11 years old and I watched a substantial amount of movies, in among my not doing homework and not getting enough exercise. In later life I have often come back to movies from this era. More and more I've noticed that so many of these titles I've enjoyed went on wide release in 1994. It is my contention that 1994 is a golden year of film making.

Over the next 4 months of my parental leave, and likely long after, I will be attempting to watch every single film that went on wide-release from January 1 to December 31, 1994. That's approximately 150 films. I'm using the Wikipedia article "1994 in film" as the source for this endeavour. This will bring me from "The Air up There" on January 7 through to "The Madness of King George" on December 28, 1994 with notable stops at The Lion King, Pulp Fiction and Forest Gump, to name just a few. 

It will be emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment